Wednesday, November 10, 2010

“happiness is only a mood, not a destination”

Happiness.Last night as I was watching my all time fave show One Tree Hill, the topic of Happiness was brought up. Happiness is something that I have been thinking a lot about,asking the questions... What makes me happy now and what is going to make me happy in the future? This quote really slapped me back to reality.
“so, i’ve been thinking about this whole being happy thing, and i feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. we’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy - we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that’ll fix everything - but happiness is a mood, and it’s a condition…not a destination. it’s like being tired or hungry. it’s not permanent. it comes and goes, and that’s okay. and i feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness more often.”

Wake up call,right!!I am one of those people that for the most part looked at happiness as a destination."I'll finally feel happy when I am finished with nursing school or that one person can make me feel happy all the time." But all those thoughts are lies.Maybe if I can start to understand that happiness is not permanent,and it doesn't depend solely on a job or a person then maybe happiness will finally be a stable part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment